Thursday, November 19, 2015

Library Fun

Since I'm a librarian, Ollie will get to spend a lot of time in our library. It's a unique library though, because we're a Joint-Use Library. It's a community college library (which I work for) combined with a public library.

This week, I'm holding drop-in citation workshops for students who don't know how to cite their sources. Ollie helped me set up yesterday:


And last night was our book club (a program by the public library, so I participate as a member outside of my work hours). Instead of everyone reading the same book, we pick a genre every month and we each read something different. So our program leader puts together a little game based on the genre each month to start with. This month was romance books, so she printed out the book covers to the top 20 romance books on Good Reads, and we had to arrange them in what we thought was the right order, as a group.

Ollie inspects the results...
The three that are further to the right than the others
are the only ones we placed correctly!!!

There will be a lot more library-based adventures, I'm sure, so I'll try to spread them out.


No comments:

Post a Comment