Friday, January 1, 2016

Hanukkah (Belated)

Sure, Hanukkah was in early December this year, but my in-laws don't celebrate until my sister-in-law can come home for Christmas, so it's usually a few days before Christmas for us, no matter when the actual holiday is.

Ollie helped me and my husband make a batch of latkes for me to take to work as a gift for the people who had to work at the library until 9pm on December 23rd.


Yum! Want to make your own? We put five potatoes and two yellow onions in the food processor (with the grating blade on), mixed it by hand with four eggs and added matzo meal until it felt more like a dough and made neat patties. (Salt and pepper them at some point, too.) Then we fried them in vegetable oil in the wok (the wok made it REALLY easy to flip them without splashing oil everywhere) and as they finished, we put them on paper towels to drain a little oil. This made three dozen latkes about 3 inches in diameter.

No comments:

Post a Comment